Terms & Conditions
1. Bookings and Cancellation
- An Online booking is made and a legally binding contract comes in to effect between Beecroft Lodge (We / Us /Our) and the person from whom the reservation has been accepted (You/Your) when We have confirmed your reservation and received payment from You of a deposit or the total price quoted using an acceptable and valid credit or debit card. An Offline booking is made and a legally binding contract comes into effect between Us and You upon payment of the agreed deposit, payment of the total price quoted, or by You giving Us credit/debit card details to secure the booking.
- When a booking is confirmed a reservation number is given which must be retained for access to the booking details if cancellation or amendment is necessary. To amend a booking please call on +44 (0)1803 558702
- You must be able to enter in to a legally binding contract and be over 18 years to make a booking
- Any payment or deposit is refundable only in the case of cancellation by the Us as set out in clause 1.7
- The number of people occupying a room must not exceed the maximum number stated.
- Cancellation policy and fees:
A. Notified 14 Days or more prior to arrival deposit only or for on-line bookings £25 per person
B. 14 days prior to 49 hours prior to arrival 50% of the total booking
C. 48 hours or less or later than arrival 100% of the total booking
(Arrival being 15.00 on the day of commencement of the booking. In each case giving credit for any deposit paid. We will endeavour to re-let the accommodation and where possible refund the cancellation fee less an administration fee of 20% and expenses.)
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking without liability on Our part in the event of damage or destruction to Our property by fire or other cause, any shortage of labour or food supplies, or any cause beyond our control that shall prevent Us from performing Our obligations in connection with Your booking. In such an event We will refund the full amount paid but will have no further liability to You.
- Where You give credit/debit card details to Us to secure a booking or to pay a deposit then You agree that if You cancel or do not arrive that We may debit Your credit/debit card with the full amount of the cancellation charge as set out in clause 1.5 less an allowance for any payment already received plus credit card handling charges where applicable.
- Payment can be made in cash or by Credit or debit card payments. Cheques are only accepted if presented fourteen days prior to the commencement of the stay. Please note there is a 2% charge on all credit cards due to bank charges.
- Online bookings: The total price quoted for the booking is payable and will be charged to your credit /debit card at the time of booking. Payment of additional goods and services purchased during your stay and any additional costs for damage and cleaning notified to You must be paid in full on presentation of the invoice on check-out.
Offline bookings: The payment of the balance of the price quoted for the booking is due and payable on arrival. Payment for additional goods and services purchased during your stay and any additional costs for damage and cleaning notified to You must be paid in full on presentation of the invoice on check-out.
- Arrival and Departure Check-in is from 15.00 to 20..00 (GMT or BST) Check-in times outside of those times must be confirmed prior to arrival. Check-out is 10.00 (GMT or BST) unless agreed otherwise in advance.
- All rates and prices are stated in pounds sterling and include VAT or any other current tax at or local charge at the rate applicable.
- Rates quoted are correct only for the specific number of guests, nights and dates shown.
- All price increases resulting from Government regulations or legislation or local taxes or charges will be re-charged to the You.
5. Loss of or damage to Your Property
- We are not liable for loss of or damage to any cash, money, jewellery, or other articles of value unless they are deposited with Us for safe keeping and a note of the deposit is handed to the You by Us. The note of deposit must be presented by the You in the event of a claim.
- In the event of negligence on Our part that gives rise to loss of or damage to Your property, liability is limited to £50 for any single article and a total of £100 for any one guest. No liability is accepted for any consequential loss arising from loss or damage to Your property.
- We do not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to motor cars or other vehicles of any kind, or any property left in them.
- We refer to and rely upon The Hotel Proprietors Act 1956.
6. Loss from or damage to Our Property
- You indemnify Us for any loss from or damage to Beecroft Lodge, its contents and equipment caused by Your act, omission, default or neglect of you or any person or animal in your control and You shall pay to Us on demand the amount required to make good, remedy the damage, or replace any items damaged or missing from Our property.
- We reserve the right to terminate Your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where in Our opinion You or anyone staying with the You engages in unacceptable behaviour, and/or causes damage or nuisance to other parties.
- Complaints must be notified to Us immediately, or as soon as possible, and in any event before the end of Your stay.
- It is specifically agreed that if You do not notify Us of any complaint in accordance with clause 7.1 then We are entitled to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of the merits thereof.
8. Conditions of Stay and Smoking Policy
- The premises are non-smoking. We reserve the right to terminate this contract and ask You to leave the premises without refund or compensation if You or any member of your party disregards the law and to charge for damage to Our property including but not limited to a cleaning fee of £50.00.
- Special requests made prior to acceptance of the booking by Us shall be met and reasonable efforts shall be made to meet special requests made after confirmation.
- You are required to comply with any law, standard health and safety rules and any other rules or regulations applying at the time of your stay without liability on Us to define the same.
9. General Points
- You shall not arrange for the delivery of or deliver any goods or materials to Our property without prior arrangement.
- You shall not bring into Our property any inflammable, combustible or objectionable substance or liquid.
- Food or drink other than that purchased on the premises may not be consumed except by prior arrangement.
The failure by Us to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this contract does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
11. Legal Provision
The law of England governs this contract and You and We submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
You agree that the Contract is made at Beecroft Lodge and that any proceedings shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to Us.
These Booking Terms apply to all Bookings except where We agree other terms in writing
12. Clause Headings
Clause headings are for convenience only and do not form part of or affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
At Beecroft Lodge we take your privacy very seriously and comply with the latest GDPR legislation.
What information do we collect? We need your name, address, phone number, and email address in order to take your booking. We never hold any payment or card details.
Please see third party privacy policies when using online travel agencies such as Eviivo.